Enjoy Online Fellowship
Moving to a new country and becomes surrounded by unfamiliar languages, cultures, and religions can be daunting. But one thing that remains the same is God’s steadfast love. JCF’s online Bible study groups aim to offer regular fellowship with other believers while delving into the word and deepening our relationships with God.
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.2 Timothy 3:16-17
JCF currently offers two Bible Studies that meets once a week on Zoom/Skype.
What are JCF Bible study groups?
Each JCF Bible study group has anywhere between three to ten people who meet once a week over the internet. Each group has a leader who conduct the Bible study and prayer times. The groups will consist of fellow foreign residents (usually Christian) from different parts of Japan. These groups are a great way to meet new friends, fellowship, and encourage one another to go into our Japanese communities to share the Good News with them.
What does joining a Bible study group entail?
Since each Bible study group is different it can comprise of different things. They involve meeting in person or on Skype/Zoom at a given time once a week with people who would like to know Christ more. Some groups use the time to do one or more of the points below:
- Chat and pray for each other
- Take turns to share something about what God has spoken to them or personal challenges
- Look at a Bible passage and discuss
If needed, the Bible Study Coordinator can provide some topics and limited resources on some topics you may like to cover during your Bible study. You may also like to prepare a Bible study every week or have the members take turns running it. This will be up to your group and its leader. You can also discuss this with the members in your group and go from there.
Of course anyone is allowed to participate in a JCF Bible study, but we want to make sure we all understand how to have respectful, mutually edifying study times focused on the Bible.
We ask that you please observe the following:
- God’s word (Bible) stays at the forefront of discussions when we gather, not our own words.
- Turn to the Bible during uncertainty in Bible studies and our daily lives.
- Realize everyone has different denominational and cultural backgrounds and remain respectful of everyone’s opinions when speaking truth into situations.
- Pray for ALTs and others as witnesses, as well as for those being witnessed to in our communities. Encourage and uplift one another in our faith through.
Join a Bible Study
To join, please email email@example.com, or use the form below.
JET Christian fellowship
We exist to help Christian participants of the JET Program (but have open doors to all living in Japan) connect with local churches and other Christians in Japan.
What We Offer
Prayer Support Network
Online Bible study/ Prayer groups
Online Prayer Requests & Praise Reports
Spring and Fall National Retreats